Thursday, July 1, 2010

My first day here

Today was my first day here, I came up with my Uncle Levi, and I had a blast! I wished I was here for the whole time.

Wen started out the day with VBS, the theme was kindness. We picked students to act out the story, The Good Samaritan. The traveler who was played by ,Stephen, who led a great act. The Farmer Dave was extremely impatient but hilarious, in the end he learned his lesson.

We then went to crafts and I met Paul, a hyper little guy. In crafts we finished the pots everyone had made previously. I helped heap dirt into the pots and water them after everyone had planted their beans. Matthew, the special visitor gathered everyone when they got rowdy and sang funny songs with ridiculous dances. Some of the group made scarecrows for everyone's pots.

The final thing we did with the kids was we took them to the park and played parachute games, they were fun. The kids all laughed and had fun. At the end of the park time David and Allyx handed out Jesus loves you fans and bracelets.

Tonight we had community dinner with all of the kids that were there that day. The dinner was good and when we were done at dinner we prayed for the Jackson family. At the end of everything finally everyone got in a big circle and sang Ridin Round the Pony.