Thursday, July 1, 2010

Salutations Readers

In my previous installment to the OSLC Root Cellar missions trip blog, I had recorded the first days events. It only seems fitting to bookend the blog and post on the last day. We with a rousing 6 am wake-up (It may have been 6:05 because I slept through the alarm and my mother woke me with her calling my name). After a Starbucks run for a pick-me-up, we ate breakfast and reflected on yesterdays events and the day to come. We started VBS at 11 and we added my father, whom you all know as Levi, and my cousin, Jake. Also a little into VBS, Matthew Beish showed up to added to the fun. We told the story of the Good Samaritan and we had the kids, who showed promise as future thespians, act out the story. After we did a relay race and some fun-filled crafts including planting beans and making scare-a-crows. After VBS, we went to the park with the children and played with the parachute and had a grand-old-time. We passed out bracelets and fans to the children, which they loved.

We had some free-time so my family went to Portland and got dinner and ice cream, YUM. After we returned, the teen center was opened and the kids and us bonded over some pool and ping pong. Then at 6, the Root Cellar hosted dinner for the kids and a family had a little dance. Then the kids did their own dance and song. Now we are getting ready to reflect with the group.

The group appreciates all of the prayer and support. We return tomorrow and will all miss the Root Cellar. Some of the kids really connect with you.

Goodnight readers
Geoff