Saturday, June 26, 2010

Our Team

Well, Today is Saturday, the Maine Team is ready and we are leaving OSLC at 8:00 Monday

morning. Our weekend got off to a rocky start when one of our team members sent a somewhat

panicky email. Lynne told me the transmission was going in her van along with several other

things. So I called her and the first thing I said was, "Don't panic. If you do then I will too!" So we

both took a deep breath and she calmed down. Yes! Her van is in the shop. No! We are not taking

it. So the question arose, "What are we going to do?" She answered her own question. "I don't

think the Lord would have brought me and my five children this far if He did not want us to go."

"That's right," I replied. "We have to remember to have faith, pray about it and lean on His

understanding." Well, we started the prayer chain and within 15 minutes we had a van. Kathy,

another vital member of our team, called me back and told me her mom no longer drove and had

a mini van sitting in her garage we could use! First problem solved. Second problem? I have

been fighting flu symptoms for two weeks and when we were dealing with the van issue I knew I

was getting worse. So saturday morning when I woke up and felt even worse. I picked up the

phone and informed Kathy that I was headed to the hospital (please don't panic, I told her) and

If they decided to keep me then she was the new team leader. Silence...Kathy are you there?

Silence followed by nervous giggling. I'm not kidding. She giggled! I said you can't panic Kathy

because I know you can do it. Besides, I pointed out, I think they are going to medicate me and


send me on my way. I actually used the same words Lynne used on me; "I dont think the Lord

brought me this far if He didn't want me to go. I'll call you when I get home." It turned out that

had I waited any longer then they would have kept me! But, they hooked me up to a few IV

drips, loaded with antibiotics, and 2 1/2 hours later I was home and feeling much better. Fever

gone. Aches gone. Headache gone. I have some meds to take but I can handle it. Sometimes, it

was pointed out to me, He lets these things happen so we can see his awesome power at work!

With that said and done, I'd like to introduce you to the members of our team. Starting in the

back row from left to right is Geoff Kishbaugh, son to Levi and Kathy Kishbaugh. Emma

Quinlan
, daughter to Lynne Quinlan, and then, Mark Campoli and his lovely wife Denise

Campoli
. Front row left to right, Sara Aguiar, Kate Quinlan, sister to Emma, their brother

Robbie
Quinlan
, Davd Green, Joseph Quinlan, brother to Emma, Kate and Robbie and

Steven Quinlan
, little brother to them all.
The person you do not see in the picture is Allyx

Schmidt
, Kathy and Levi's neice neice and Geoff's cousin. Unfortunately she did not arrive in

time for the picture but, you will be able to view her photos starting Monday. In the meantime

you can view the rest of us below. Each and everyone of these people have heard and answered

the call from God. They are ready and willing, along with myself, to show the power of the Lord

within their own lives through their willingness to serve, and be a witness to others. This shows a

willingness to love and to give of themselves freely. Jesus said, "Freely you have received, freely

give."
Matthew 10:8. This we have all pledged to do as a Team. We thank all of our senders and

we ask for your prayers while we are doing the Lords work in Portland, Maine.

David